Docker with ArchLinux part 1

After of couple years of using cloud services to play with, I decided to go local. I feel that I'm missing quite large area of modern Linux development. Such things like BTRFS. It is quite relevant for me as Java developer not to lost focus on all underlying things. And a lot is happening those days and it is highest time to get the hands on experience. So the decision was made - I'm moving all from cloud to home server. And it is not going to be popular "home lab" - fat server with ESXi and couple of Linux and Windows VM guests. I decided to go green, with "underpowered" server. The decision was to get entry and cheap model. I decided for Dell PowerEdge T20. The idea is to go with low-fat OS - ArchLinux and use Docker for all applications. The effects are really stunning and the experience gained is priceless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hardening OpenWRT - adding non-root user account

Dropbear SSH keys and autossh on OpenWRT

SSH Tunel with OpenWRT